Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Shorter Fiction, Michelle Asciote

He was there with his cold stare and unreadable face. His hands gracefully slithered down the small of my back. Whether the embrace was passionate or oppressive, it left my body feeling numb and my head sore.

How do I tell this man I don't want him anymore?As my head falls neatly into his shoulder the thudding heartbeat seems all to familiar. With every word whispered into my ear, my body shakes and he pulls me closer. His eyes become more and more menacingly transparent as he kisses my hand.

Our heartbeats no longer matched as he took me to a new place. Every touch and every look seem to burn with the coldness of his eyes. This is not the man I once knew. With one last shudder I was released from his grip. As his hand slithered down my arm to the fingertip.

There was something else he desired. He went to the table to get us drinks. Through his lips I could hear him say something, but I couldn't understand it. My head was screaming with fear and the want to escape. He put the cup to my lips and I felt the icy chill go down my back. Everything seemed different now. Suddenly everything went black...............

1 comment:

Mighty Mojo said...

Loving you michelley. You have a talent, as I've often told you, for creepy romance. This guy seems like both the snake and the charmer at the same time. Hypnotizing. Very cool.

-j