Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Surprise, Anonomyous Contributor

It was a warm, bright sunny day. The cool crisp wind blew against my hair, frizzing upon its' touch. I slowly treaded upto the entrance, the doorway into the school that I, like many others, dreaded entering. It was the same as any other day. Open bag. Remove ID. Close. Swip. Return to nearest location (usually my pocket). Walk up steps. 2nd floor. Locker. Bend down. Turn. 5.12.15. Push down. Remove lock. Place unnecessary baggage. Return lock. Push up. Push down and turn to lock. Stand. Walk up steps--again. 5th floor. Breath. Class. Walk in. Sit down. Take out book. Attempt to listen and 'participate.' Yet, today--lucky me--there was a substitute. So, now instead of attempt to listen and 'participate' for an hour-- its' attempt to 'entertain' myself and survive this dull, boring classroom for an hour. The attendence sheet was placed on my desk. Yet, the substitute lingered there. So, I signed my name quickly and handed it over. And there, on her face was this smile-- the same joyful yet mischevious smile that plays across my mother's lips whenever she is onto something. That's the thing that surprises me most.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comments? no opnions whatsoever on my piece?
::disappointed and upset::

Mighty Mojo said...

Loving you, my wonderful anonymous contributor... I don't think anybody gets it though... Sorry... I think it's fly.

Ms. Mayo said...

i don't get it...
i love the description of walking up to class and all...
but what was the smile about?

LM

W Brown said...

"its' attempt to 'entertain' myself and survive this dull, boring classroom for an hour"

Obviously "anonomyous" doesn't have me...

Anonymous said...

it's supposed to be "it's attempt to 'entertain' myself and survive this dull, boring classroom for an hour"

Anonymous said...

Why do you dread entering here so much I wonder?
So what is with the smile...
Do you think the sub knew you were bored and thinking about how to survive or did you sign a different name and thought the sub guessed at what you did. Was she onto something? I would like to know. I feel I am missing the ending somehow.
One more thing...I hope that is not your real locker combination!

Anonymous said...

ok...
1- No, its' not my real locker combination.

2-Mr. Brown --i'm so sry...thank you for the compliment!! (i read it the wrong way..)

3- The smile is supposed to show how everyone says and tells you that you are an individual and that we're all unique yet, the fact that two people (the sub and my mom) could be similiar by a trait as distinctive as their smile is the one of most suprising things i have realized.

4-why do i dread coming here?--i think that is best left unanswered.

Mighty Mojo said...

hmmm... I think I just have an overactive imagination. Maybe you should write more and add more clarity if that's the aim you meant to accomplish... I was thinking something different...