Saturday, December 16, 2006

Stars of a Neighbor; Industrial Giant, Ginny Georgekutty

Stars of a Neighbor

See the stars in the sky
Their glow absent-minded
Of those below
Their eyes look down
With a boastful grin
On top of the world
Yet only one part of the universe
Their presence no greater
Than the rest of ours’
For those stars
Up in that sky
Are being just like us
Trying to survive
Past their ups and downs
With ups that soar above the clouds
And downs that crash onto the earth
In the end
We are all the same
Lives in this world
Just trying to reach our true potential



Industrial Giant

Peace once
Succumbed to its roads
The sand that trailed
Beneath my feet

Peace once
Breathed against my hair
Through the nearest
Spring breeze

Peace once
Stormed across the grass
Bringing forth
Chicken in mid-fright

Peace once
Lived within this place
Recognized as my home
More than anywhere else

Yet where did it all go?
Where is this place
Now hidden beneath
Industrialization
‘Americanism’
That simply corrupted
This place I loved
And turned
To an
Industrial giant

2 comments:

W Brown said...

This poem remeinds me of how I felt when I visited my grandparents summer home 25 years after my family had sold it. I rememebred it one way and it was so different now.

G said...

The way things change so quickly and so drastically is amazing and scary at the same time. The fact that one can destroy and reconstruct something into something better or evolved shows us just how far the world has evolved and advanced over the years.

Yet, the fact that one can change/develop something without realizing the memories, the hopes and the dreams it contains is frightening. As it was once said, "With every change, there is the good and the bad, the benefits and the downfalls."



♥ always smilin! :-P
Ginny G.