Friday, February 02, 2007

Never Forgotten, Ginny Georgekutty

Never Shall I forget that time when words became a weapon.
Never Shall I forget the moment his face popped out of the window with such hatred against us.
Never Shall I forget that night, a darkness that greeted my sister and I with dirt and pebbles that scraped our faces.
Never Shall I forget the fear I saw transfixed in my sister’s eyes.
Never Shall I forget his words that brought shame onto our identity.
Never Shall I forget the eyes cast down, silent yet fearful as they kept walking,
Never Shall I forget how powerless we were to stop it.
Never Shall I forget the silence that filled the air with our hopes that he would disappear
Nor
the words of an elder to simply walk the other way and ignore him.
Never Shall I forget those moments even now, years after he has vanished.
Never.

1 comment:

W Brown said...

Wow

Thanks for sharing. How could someone possibly cast hatered toward you?