Friday, January 26, 2007

Pencil Love, Natasha Bascombe

Why Oh Why do you neglect me? Is it because I don’t pencil in to your busy schedule, or maybe I’m never on point. Is the “Hustle and Bustle” of life too much for you to handle, so much that you can’t have one minute with me! NOT ONE!

I noticed our time was fading, so I decided to reflect. Reflect because I knew what was to come. I thought of the great masterpieces we created together. Your sweet hand around my waist… Your grip not too strong, not too lose, but firm and confident… All the complex problems we went through, Fought through, and FINISHED! All the sweet nothings you wrote that poured from your soul into mine! I collected them ALL, HELD them for YOU, I WAITED!

I WAS THERE! RIGHT THERE! Your friend! Your companion! Your LOVE! YOUR LIFE. I lived for you and you for me. We were what is said “meant to be”. Our connection gleams like star rubies, blinding everyone with our talent. A duet we are, A duet that sang a song with no end… The melody rings loudly in my head now as I glance down at reality. What once was, but no longer is. I look down at the blank paper and see my vanishing soul. That once loving hand reaches again, but this time to throw me away. For I am just a pencil now…No Longer your own…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, creative piece. I love it!

Mighty Mojo said...

I love it too, Natashala! I love how you draw the reader in with more and more details and all of your pencil references in the first paragraph. I especially love how you draw us through all the emotions of the pencil.
You are a shining star-ruby!

W Brown said...

I never understood the relationship people have with pencils until now...