Friday, February 09, 2007

Untitled, Michelle Asciote

Even though you think you see me I am hidden
Although you say you hear me
You're not understanding me
You say that I am strong
Why do I feel so weak?
I am told that I am confident
Why do you belittle me?
You say that I am different but
I feel like a stereotype
Even though I stand tall I feel so small...
Don't act so different around me
Fearing you might upset me
I can't take everything you've thrown at me
But I'll keep on swinging after you've finished
I may not be everything you so blindly believe me to be
One thing you've forgotten
One thing I pride myself on
is heart
I know how to love, like I loved you
I have compassion, but I can't keep feeling for you
But I will continue
Most of all
I know how to forgive
Just like I've forgiven you

3 comments:

Mighty Mojo said...

"even though I stand tall I feel so small." Well, naturally Michelley, you're not permitted to ride most roller-coasters I don't think. But, aside from you being around the height of a beachball, this is a lovely poem, showing how much strength you have to hold you up with so much vulnerability. Loves you! -j

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Well written piece.

Anonymous said...

really nice! Love the ending it was like you were leaving behind all the pains in life.