Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"Ashley Wrote This in The Car This Morning Because Ms. Mayo Said To" (or "Normal", if you'd prefer something more conventional)

Why aren't you like us?
Why don't you like what we like?
What aren't you normal?

What is normal?
Aren't I normal when I act like myself?
No normal is what's usual

Then whats the usual?
How I usually act?
No usual is whats ordinary
Normal is ordinary!

So, whats ordinary?
Something thats not special

What about unique
Different
Remarkable
Me?

Well thats why
Thats why I'm not normal

3 comments:

W Brown said...

Coming form a person who is totally normal..... you poem got me thinking...who are you trying to justify your "normalness" with? Yourself? friends?, Family?

Mighty Mojo said...

Brownie, don't even try, you are not normal at all...

Aside from that though, your definition, Ashley, of normal is really very interesting. Isn't everyone unique? Doesn't everyone play themselves? Are we all just being totally and utterly boringly normal by doing everything that we think is so weird?

joanna

Anonymous said...

Great work.