Thursday, November 06, 2008

Need, Joanna Vogel

I am waiting for quiet, for a very specific
kind of hush. I am
waiting for a time when there aren't
any words that I don't
want to hear.
I am waiting for there to be
no words at all –
only eyes; only teeth and lips and
long hair that kicks up everywhere,
swirls like a wild halo of golden leaves
when you drive with all the windows down.
I am waiting for hands.
Specifically, I am waiting for your hands,
for your arms, waiting to be wrapped
in you. I am waiting
for you to forget
everyone else
but me. I am
waiting. I am
waiting…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got all tingly hot at the beginning,and felt all sappy sad by the end.

You are /god/ at serving up emotions in your writing. I'm hungry for more.

=P

~ Anthony

Anonymous said...

simply amazing darlin
Michelle A