Saturday, November 01, 2008

I am waiting for, Anthony Herrero

I am waiting for you.
I am waiting for the clouds to part,angels to sing.
I am waiting for this cell phone to lose meaning.
I am waiting for your guard to drop.
I am waiting for your walls to drop.
Not like molasses,that's much to slow,I've endured so much already
But like change down the sidewalk,rolling so fast you've gotta sprint to catch it
I am waiting for the music to hush.I am waiting for words - my words - to form literal meaning.
I am waiting for people to follow the rules they made.
I am waiting for the rules to get tired of boxing us in.
Slowing our every motion.Invisable last second,at my neck the very next.
I am waiting for my lungs to breathe evenly.
I am waiting for your voice to chirp happily.
I am waiting for the sun to rise.
I am waiting for a true blue new beginning.
I'm so sick of being needy,When I'm this good at everything I do.
I am waiting for my friends to cease dying.
I am waiting for pain to become gain.
I am waiting for the fire to quit burning.
I am waiting for Karma to take affect.
I am waiting for rules to be followed.
Isn't that all we have?Aren't we empty-handed when we disobey?
I am waiting for the pen to be mighter than any sword.
(Or,persay,a gun in these modern times.)
I am waiting for the good guys to win.
(the bad guys to end up in jail.)
I am waiting for endings to be joyful celebrations.
(for endings to have depth and meaning.)
I'm still waiting for you.
to have you
see you.
you.

1 comment:

Mighty Mojo said...

Anthony, this is beautiful. when you tell me you can't write, you are LYING. I am truly impressed.

Love,
joanna