Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let Everything Burn,Anthony Herrero

My nose stings with the intake of third world country.
Stale sex, urine and beer wrapped around
buildings promising futures and dreams
entrapping innocents and bystanders
I don't want to be here.
Don't want to watch his form
sprawled out like a chewed rag doll atop ratty cardboard.
No one should. His body sinks into it sadly almost...
Willing it to swallow him whole. I want him to stay like this.
Alone and broken, lusting for the innocence he robbed me of.
I could sit and watch his eyes, red and pulsing
roll back to the top of his skull. Stare right into the whites.
The image is a warming one. Then he would trouble no one.
Not. Even. Me.
And yet, this Hispanic woman I swore was a street whore
clops to a sudden stop; she gazes as I gaze
I know what will occur
The hell that shall be wrought. Her thousand bracelets clink and slink
in time with her jumpy, jarry movements. Spikes skulls swirls.
It's all on display to see. Pitch black hair, curves bathed in latex.
I shudder and am repulsed as they speak. Enjoy one another.
Their smiles are sickening. What use is it to warn them?
Of the son they'll nearly destroy together?
Or the daughter who will learn to earn the loss of innocence faster
than both of them put together?
Is it fair to tell him of the blood he'll spill, the girl he'll yearn for?
The son she'll abandon, the daughter she'll give up on?
I refuse to warn them of the future and it's radio shattering,
sword hurling, fury infested single sectioned path they'll walk
I don't feel like interfering and letting them miss out
on the misery handed from
Father to Son
Mother to Daughter
Parent to Child
It's so much easier to observe the match kiss the paper
and
let everything burn

1 comment:

Mighty Mojo said...

Anthony. Oh My Goodness. Anthony, I am a red blur of amazement.

Love,
joanna