Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ode To My Watch, Ginny Georgekutty

Silently Ticking as the hands move
so precious is the time
that your mechanisms express
smooth is your metallic plate
wrapped around the black oval
1-12 do you range from
but eternities do you hold
so granted do we take those seconds
those singular moments of anticpation
that years later
we look back upon
with simply
regret and remorse
with dread do we then realize
that your knob on the side
can not turn back the hands
to those moments
a second time
for us

4 comments:

W Brown said...

wow, I've already shared this with my family

Ms. Mayo said...

Ginny,

This is one of the most thought provoking "odes" I have seen. You elevated the form beyond my expectations.

I hope you'll read it at the coffee house!

Anonymous said...

Thank you and I will read it at the coffee house, just for you Ms. Mayo.

I can't believe I wrote it, either.



♥ :-P


*Note: Just so you know, you spelled my last name wrong. It's Georgekutty.*

Mighty Mojo said...

Sorry Ginny! Fixed it! Yay! Reading at the coffee house!!!