Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Untitled, Brandee Hailey

The last time I saw him, I cried.
His arms sat soft over my shoulders.
His words we're like daggers and delayed my heart the sorrow.

My eyes watered in a mass of my face, and I had no control.
I wanted to run lose, but my body wouldn't allow it too.
These thoughts were scrambled, like sea shells on a beach
And I wanted to hate him but, all at the same wanted to love him.

He said this was it, but it wasn't the end.
He told me he didn't want it to be like this, but yet he was the reason
It was like this. His words mad no sense, and my mind didn't want it to, I just wanted to dislike him.

I wished, and wished I could hate him, but the kindness
I had so far down in my body wouldn't even begin to let me.
Was it worth caring, Should I had fought harder?
Was the time that had passed, wasted?

Wonders of my mind tend to still fall upon him.
My mind considers it, and then represses.

Distant love that once was, happiness now was sweet tears.
Forgiveness was never an option that I offered myself.

The last time I saw him. Was the last time I saw him.
The last time I cried, the last time I worried.

The last time I kissed him, because the last time I saw you
Was the first time I saw through, to what really matters…Me

No comments: